In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1participación femeninoworker/student/patient participation — participación obrera/estudiantil/del paciente
- This requires community or national participation in the selection process.
- How might that help overcome some of the barriers to participation in existing political realms?
- This can be entirely attributed to my participation in a six-and-a-half hour long meeting.
- He draws our attention to the means of his art and invites our participation in the construction of its meaning.
- They will also increase lay participation in the running of the church through parish pastoral councils.
- The scheme is part of a national sports development project to increase participation in sports.
- It is not as if there is a strong indigenous movement demanding women's participation in government.
- My own participation in Western capitalist society depresses and angers me.
- The new owners' mammoth debts make prolonging participation in Europe even more of a necessity.
- Caring about the community in which you live is the first step towards participation in formal democracy.
- But he doesn't make this an argument for participation in the machinery of state.
- He said there had been no clear statement on what the minimum level of participation in elections was, or should be.
- Women's participation in sport has increased at a faster rate in wealthy countries than in poor ones.
- So my reading and participation in these discussions is all targeted towards making things really happen.
- The people's participation in the debate is a positive thing regardless of what side they support.
- These offer to return all their money and provide an income but also some level of participation in the market.
- Americans engage in other forms of political participation in even fewer numbers than they vote.
- The Government may make a contribution to encourage participation in the scheme.
- In simple words it made American participation in peace operations extremely difficult.
- About fifteen submissions will be selected for participation in the show.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.