In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1medianera femeninopared medianera femenino
- In fact the premises formed one building with a party wall (providing two semi-detached houses) but which were not divided in any way in the loft space.
- In that case there were two adjoining properties with a party wall.
- The case was analogous to claims in respect of damage to party walls for which a defendant could be liable for the acts of an independent contractor, the basis for which was that the work involved a risk of damage to the adjoining property.
- On the ground floor, the two party walls are lined by storage - for kitchen, bathroom, clothes, books and CDs.
- Councillors have been recommended that representations should be made to Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott, that the inspection of fire separation in party walls and roofs should be made a statutory requirement.
- They form the fundamental structure, making a rigid egg-crate like arrangement in which the houses are separated by party walls, each with a thin sound-reducing cavity between paired vertical concrete planes.
- Because the buildings are fairly old there are no party walls in the roof void, which is why it spread quickly.
- Lining one side of a narrow canyon-like street, it is a massive Victorian structure, built around a central courtyard and subdivided into units, the extents of which accord with existing party walls.
- Returning to the main issue in the case, following the previous decision, one problem was the lack of evidence to show that the party wall was an effective barrier to noise transfer into the adjoining property.
- Sit speakers away from party walls and do not place directly on floor.
- On the north wall, a well is punched at the middle of the party wall, flooding the surrounding spaces with daylight.
- Because of this, Ben ignored his sister Beatrice's demands to ‘do something about it’ even though she held his hands to the party wall so that he could feel the vibrations through his callouses.
- Other than refusing legal obligations over the fire escape, the decided they didn't like the colour of brick used to top a party wall.
- The room was then extended sideways into an alleyway along the side of the building, following delicate negotiations over the party wall with the adjoining property.
- He rented the house and studio next door to his ground-floor apartment and studio on Tite Street, then opened up the party walls to create a generous establishment.
- The partition walls had been replaced with a single 70 mm by 300 mm beam, which was carried by the two party walls.
- Whilst the party walls were providing a fair sound barrier between us, clearly the bedroom doors were performing no such function.
- Its structural system consists of a new party wall, peripheral columns, and flat slab construction.
- It just happens to fall not along the aisle of the House of Commons, but along the party wall that joins, and separates, the most famous houses in Downing Street.
- In short, the next door neighbours - the ones we share a party wall with - have been making our lives a living hell with noise.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.