In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Marriage, like all sacraments, is paschal to the core and consequently it is as much about dying as it is about new life.
- The day of vindication and the year of favor meet in the paschal mystery, in Christ died and risen.
- Reflection on its meaning can more easily occur without reference to the demands of the baptismal life or the existential revolution to which the paschal mystery points.
- In other words, Mary Magdalene is the first to celebrate what Christians now call the paschal mystery.
- The paschal essence is especially evident in the prayer of thanksgiving over the water (largely the emended text of Luther's Flood Prayer).
- This Sunday must follow the full paschal moon.
- Christ, who models the paschal mystery, was the loser who became the great winner.
- In Christian language, I hope to keep alive the spark of the paschal mystery (life-through-dying) with a mix of festivity, glory and gratitude.
- Hallmarks of the rite include paschal essence, pneumatic nature, corporate understanding, Eucharistic context, and ritual character.
- And the paschal flame will shine again across the region this weekend.
- During the weekdays of Great Lent, the regular Eucharistic Divine Liturgy is not celebrated in Orthodox churches since the Divine Liturgy is always a paschal celebration of communion with the Risen Lord.
- Like his body crucified and broken, the divided churches in the West are undergoing a paschal suffering.
- By altering slightly the chronology of events common to the synoptic gospels, John introduces paschal imagery to the passion narrative and presents Jesus as the ultimate Passover lamb.
- As much as a pound of coagulated blood was noted to have been shed by individual flagellants during these paschal ceremonies.
- This three day retreat from the world is a sharing in the paschal mystery of Christ.
- In the paschal event and the Eucharist that makes it present throughout the centuries, there is a truly enormous ‘capacity’ that embraces all of history.
- Everyone involved in organising the liturgy from the paschal fire to the music, readings, must be congratulated.
- For Mary of the Passion, all led back to the Unity-Trinity of God truth-love, who communicates himself to us through the paschal mystery of Christ.
- For the New Year a sucking pig roasted was a delicacy worth waiting for and for Easter the paschal baby lamb or goat roasted whole on a spit is universally loved.
- The symbolism of the paschal mystery that shapes the 1979 Prayer Book corresponds to a non-Constantinian missiology.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.