In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tabaquismo pasivo masculino
- However, this is a promising strategy if we really want to know whether passive smoking increases the risk of various diseases.
- The limits of epidemiology were stretched when it was demonstrated that passive smoking caused lung cancer.
- In 1981 an influential Japanese study showed an association between passive smoking and lung cancer.
- The act of breathing in this secondary smoke is called passive smoking.
- The proportion of passive smoking at home was slightly higher among nonatopic workers.
- There is legitimate debate about the effects of passive smoking on heart disease and lung cancer.
- Policies that ban smoking in public places are effective in reducing passive smoking among non-smokers generally.
- This study supports the use of cotinine as an appropriate marker for passive smoking.
- However, the evidence for the health effects of passive smoking is neither as consistent nor as iron clad as Thun wants to portray it.
- Before the 1990s, awareness of the danger of passive smoking was lower and smokers smoked freely at home.
- Do not let anyone smoke in the same room as your baby - passive smoking is thought to double the risk of SIDS.
- A British Medical Journal study showed passive smoking kills more than 11,000 people a year in the Britain.
- Existing evidence is already sufficient to implicate passive smoking as a cause of lung cancer and coronary heart disease.
- Even if they benefit smokers, such cigarettes would not prevent passive smoking.
- The two health visitors researched information and evidence about passive smoking and the effect it had on children.
- How much reliance do we place on this new data on passive smoking and snoring in adults?
- The most important indoor source of these pollutants is active or passive smoking in study areas.
- What they do not say is that, in a situation analogous to passive smoking, children who do not work can also have occupational diseases.
- I cannot see how employees could suffer from passive smoking as they do not use the room in the evening.
- Most studies on passive smoking have examined the risks of living with someone who smokes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.