In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bolsillo de plastrón masculinobolsillo de parche masculino
- You can find some with patch pockets and/or elbow patches, others with big lapels and double-sided vents, but they all contribute to a revival of retro looks, circa the late '70s.
- The desert camouflage night pattern trousers have a front opening, two-side slit type openings with flaps, and two hip patch pockets with flaps.
- The tops of patch pockets really place stress on garments.
- Lumber jackets were well-combined with polo jumpers and patch pockets with dark nuances of blue, green and brown.
- And since military style is stomping onto the fashion scene, jackets with defined shoulders, sharp cuts and patch pockets are extremely fashionable.
- The pant is a 14-oz. double knit 100% polyester full-length pant, with full elastic waistband, belt loops, metal zipper, and a back patch pocket.
- Made of 100% cotton, 5-oz. twill, these button-downs have fine details like double-needle stitching for added durability, patch pockets and button-down collars.
- Side 1 features designer patch pockets with hidden security pockets inside. Side 2 has two patch pockets with zipper closures.
- Officers in various forces have been wearing the new uniform, which includes a fleece to replace the normal pullover, and combat-style trousers with patch pockets on the legs.
- Made from 100% rayon, additional details include a patch pocket, open collar, coconut shell buttons and a straight bottom hem.
- Also, look for jackets featuring minimal lining and patch pockets; they'll remain popular for many seasons to come because they can easily be combined with sportier pants to give you a more relaxed appearance.
- Almost all denim garments have bar-tacks at strategic points, such as the top of patch pockets, at the curve on the fly top-stitching, on the belt loops.
- Her pants were khaki wide-leg French twill pants with sailor-style side-button closures and two back patch pockets.
- Skip the pleats patch pockets to keep things streamlined.
- Experiment with the placement of applied details, such as patch pockets, appliqués and braid trims.
- The patch pocket on her jacket was supposed to have been ripped off.
- It features a left chest patch pocket, a clean front, and a shirttail hem.
- With ageless patch pockets, elasticated cuffs and waist band, this is a must.
- On the denim vest pictured, for example, replace or cover the original patch pockets and upper collar with fringing fabric.
- All that's needed is a canvas khaki green belt, or even a jacket with patch pockets and very defined shoulders.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.