In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1campamento por la paz masculino
- Perhaps we would have had an easier task had we become openly aligned with some political organization of the peace camp in Israel.
- Whether the UN follows such a route or not, the peace camp should surely begin advocating it.
- The decision to base cruise missiles in Britain led to the establishment of the Greenham Common peace camp.
- Several peace marches have already taken place at the site and a peace camp has been set up nearby.
- I missed any sense of that complexity in the peace camp.
- Start with the evidence that the peace camp is refusing to wave the white flag, in Britain and beyond.
- Most in the peace camp have confined their thinking so far to the long term, demanding the western powers tackle the underlying causes of terrorism.
- A peace camp was set up on land belonging to the park authority that governs the moor, but it was moved on a few months ago.
- But what the peace camp desperately needs right now is to prevent another fait accompli like the one that went down in Washington today.
- Our first aim will be to reactivate the peace camp, and then to convince the centrists who supported us in the early '90s to support us again.
- With a growing peace camp outside, it was also described as a future Greenham Common.
- The capitulation of the peace camp flows inexorably from their adherence to Zionism: the fundamental conception of a state based upon religious exclusivity.
- The peace camp was offered new accommodation by the landlady of the Axe and Compass public house in Kempsford.
- If the left and the peace camp and trade unionists and students and immigrants and refugees and ethnic minorities are locked out, then where does it leave us?
- They are not exposed to the ideas of the peace camp.
- That honour goes to a man who, in less than a week, has revitalised the Israeli peace camp.
- Anti-war activists were due to join a peace camp set up in London's Trafalgar Square in the days leading up to Saturday's demo.
- If all our energy is used to fight eviction or if the media make a circus out of the peace camp, then that's it.
- The peace camp is not sponsored by one specific organization, so we are simply offering our personal thoughts.
- A peace camp was also set up in the Peace Gardens behind the town hall.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.