In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1agente de la autoridad masculino
- The statute concludes: ‘Any person so detained shall identify himself, but may not be compelled to answer any other inquiry of any peace officer.’
- He's been charged with obstructing a peace officer and assaulting a police officer.
- Every sworn peace officer who flies from place to place in the U.S. is armed on the flight.
- The section formerly empowered a peace officer to arrest a person who the officer ‘on reasonable and probable grounds’ believed had committed an indictable offence.
- A citizen making such an arrest is obliged to deliver the person to a peace officer immediately.
- The unmarked peace officer vehicle was recovered without its siren and red-and-blue police lights.
- A licensed peace officer, he passed the academy in his spare time, paying the instructor to tutor him on weekends.
- Anyone would be subject to arrest if a peace officer believed that they will carry out a terrorist activity.
- He had begun his involvement with the village court as a peace officer, delivering summonses and acting as an executive servant of the magistrates.
- Magistrates and peace officers covet these symbols of authority and wear them with pride, even when they have become ragged and threadbare with age.
- They're a relic from the heyday of the revolver as the peace officer's handgun.
- We have deployed soldiers, not peace officers.
- Section 254, as I have said, does not extend the scope of the reasonable suspicion of the peace officer this far.
- In addition to robbing a bank, you also tried to murder a peace officer.
- In the attack last week, a local peace officer was killed and scores of houses were looted.
- My view is that a woman joins the force as a peace officer in the same way that a man does.
- The provincial court judge thus confirms the existence of the reasonable grounds which led the peace officer to launch the application.
- If the Department of Justice is so lenient in such a serious case, especially where the victim is a peace officer, we have lost the battle against crime.
- He stated that a peace officer's duty was to protect and serve.
- As a former peace officer I have a lot of experience dealing with this sort of thing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.