In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1época de paz femeninotiempos de paz masculino
- Most people know this to be so during wartime, but the same is true during peacetime.
- The ability of military courts to prosecute civilians ended during peacetime.
- Yet, there was no telling how the wartime alliance and its successes would play in peacetime.
- It is not necessary today to stress upon the importance of iron and iron industry in both war as well as peacetime.
- Seldom in peacetime has a British government sanctioned such a rate of expenditure increase.
- It will heavily emphasize a nation at war, but festivities will rival those held during peacetime.
- The only thought that comes to mind is that this marks the end of peacetime.
- He often proved more expert than the experts, both in peacetime economics and in wartime strategy.
- In peacetime, we err on the side of caution, since nothing we do in training is worth the life of one of our soldiers.
- Does war reporting justify a different set of ethics than those applied in peacetime?
- The request for such a large number of troops is unprecedented in peacetime.
- Both schemes were considered inappropriate in peacetime post-war Britain.
- People were calling for the same sorts of controls that were in place in the war to continue in peacetime.
- This may accomplish a more effective support to a fleet both in peacetime and in wartime.
- Those who commit crimes during a political conflict rarely pose a threat to society in peacetime.
- Costs involved in each option will be assessed for both peacetime and wartime.
- We should have the skills to create such systems and control them in peacetime and wartime.
- It should be organized and carried out continuously both in peacetime and wartime.
- Moving hundreds of convoys into one of the poorest countries in the world within weeks would probably be impossible in peacetime.
- The president realised that their economy was great for making tanks and guns and planes, but what do you do in peacetime?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.