In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cénit del petróleo masculinopico del petróleo masculino
- For a more general response to common peak oil criticisms, you can explore my Peak Oil Media Guide from last year.
- The onset of peak oil will devastate the suburban American way of life.
- They also provide a massive opportunity to help cope with peak oil.
- The timing of peak oil is of more than academic importance.
- Lots of people here talk all the time about global warming, or peak oil, or conservative scheming, or an asteroid impact.
- Yet the emerging supply demand imbalance is only the beginning of the peak oil problem.
- Energy Bulletin is a terrific compilation of peak oil reports from the mainstream news media.
- Whether or not peak oil is upon us, the end of the cheap oil era certainly is.
- Prices cannot go much higher without us beginning to feel the foreshocks of a peak oil catastrophe.
- Kunstler relates the now standard warning about a flu pandemic, whose impact he says will be magnified by its coincidence with peak oil.
- In peak oil terminology we are over the cliff.
- These investments would perhaps give the fund an advantage in the second phase of peak oil.
- Unlike some people, I don't think peak oil will destroy civilisation.
- In November, the City of Denver will co-host the first national conference on peak oil production in nearly a decade.
- The Government is failing to apply its foresight on climate change to the closely related issue of peak oil.
- There is a large body of expert opinion, marshalling impressive statistics, which is convinced that peak oil is imminent.
- Peak oil makes the search for alternative energy sources more pressing.
- Liberal Democrat concerns are led by John Hemming, who chairs the 32-member all-party parliamentary group on peak oil.
- There is optimism that the Northern Rivers region could become a leader in a peak oil future.
- About 50 countries, including the United States, have already passed their point of peak oil output, he said.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.