In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mantequilla de maní femeninomantequilla de cacahuete femenino Españamantequilla de cacahuate femenino Méxicomanteca de maní femenino Río de la Plata
- Ross stood behind the counter, rapidly spreading peanut butter onto a piece of bread.
- I grabbed some peanut butter and spread it on my toast just as my mother walked in the door.
- Others eat them with a slab of cheese on top or slathered with peanut butter or cream cheese.
- He stood at the counter spreading peanut butter on a slice of bread when he felt a tug on his t-shirt.
- Another thing I'll do is cut up an apple or a banana and put peanut butter on it.
- Stewart passed the bacon and Dan spread peanut butter on the toast and put the bacon on top of the toast.
- I also knew a kid whose little brother ate peanut butter, ham and mayonnaise sandwiches.
- Instead I had to settle for a piece of bread with some peanut butter and a glass of water.
- Rocky gave her a weak smile as he spread peanut butter on four slices of white bread.
- These apparently consisted of whole baguettes stuffed one foot high with bacon, peanut butter and strawberry jam.
- We had run out of peanut butter, milk, bread and dog food - all pretty much essential in our house.
- I'd bring by little pieces of bread with peanut butter on them and see if you can become buddies with them.
- An apple with a small helping of peanut butter or even plain popcorn with no butter or salt may fill you up.
- Because peanuts are packed with energy it's best not to overindulge in peanut butter unless you're trying to put on weight.
- Greg came out of the kitchen to greet him, eating a rice cake with peanut butter.
- Beat together peanut butter, honey, sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- I stared around the marble counter and saw a loaf of bread and some peanut butter.
- I'll whip up some celery and peanut butter, with a tuna sandwich and soup for an entrée.
- The second meal is a quarter loaf of brown bread with peanut butter and margarine.
- I tell my clients that foods such as cheese, peanut butter and meat are great to eat at this time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.