In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Fruits like apples, pears and grapes are good sources of boron, as are green leafy vegetables and whole grains.
- Like other fresh fruits, pears offer quite broad benefits for the body.
- Good sources of soluble fiber include oats, citrus fruits, pears, apples, berries, and apricots.
- Today's crumble features bananas and pears, and a topping starring toasted pecans and bran flakes.
- Peel the pears and tug out their stalks, then halve the fruit and scoop out the cores with a teaspoon.
- So far I have puréed and served apple, pear, sweet potato and avocado.
- Fruits such as pears and berries are also high in fiber.
- Truthfully, I chose this because of the sides: sweet potatoes and pears.
- Choose cheese or low-sugar fruits like pears and apples as dessert.
- As we tuck into a colourful platter of fresh pineapple, watermelon, kiwi fruit, pears and bananas on the veranda, she cooks up sausages, bacon and pancakes.
- Citrus and stone fruits, pears, figs, and pineapple all respond to preservation by this method.
- If you have any money left over, get your fruits, some apples, dates or pears would go well.
- The fruit from the prickly pear - a cross between kiwi fruit and a ripe pear - is wonderful.
- Sweet juicy fruits such as pears, grapes, watermelon and mangoes both nourish and cleanse.
- Serve one or two chops per person, with the roasted apples, pears and onions.
- Their sweet, candied taste adds elegance to tropical fruits, poached pears, and chocolate.
- South Africa supplies most of its deciduous fruit (apples, pears, plums and peaches) to Europe.
- All his prized orchard fruits - apples, pears, cherries and peaches - were introduced from abroad.
- My other favourite foods include avocado pear, bananas, pears, oranges, grapes and walnuts, when they are in season.
- It also has been detected in other fruits such as pears, apricots, peaches and grapes.
2also pear treeperal masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.