In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It's quite something, in this dry country, to see women in burkas riding pedal boats in Herat's municipal water-park, as well as a lunatic asylum and a drug rehabilitation clinic in a country not known for its social infrastructure.
- All of the amenities are at hand, including tennis courts, squash, minigolf, windsurfing, pedal boats, kayaks, water-skiing, parasailing, scuba diving and fitness areas.
- Catering to the increasing demand for pedal boats, rowing boats, etc., are entrepreneurs, who have put up boat-building docks alongside the backwaters.
- In the long run, the park will provide some entertainment to its human visitors too as the Refineries plans to make available pedal boats.
- Silt from the stream is grounding pedal boats.
- His mode of transport was a pedal boat such as you might see on some recreational lake in the US.
- One attraction were pedal boats, which ‘even children could handle’, said the organisers.
- The department that operates ten pedal boats has no life-jackets.
- In some cases pedal boats are fine and, anyway, there weren't any complaints.
- Motor-driven launches, powerboats, pedal boats and rowboats are in great demand in the tourist spots of Veli-Akkulam.
- The Corporation has procured two pedal boats, which will start operation soon.
- As the pedal boat landed on shore, Louis and one of the men who was on the pedal boat carried Stephen off from the boat and laid him on the sand.
- Earlier there used to be simple pedal boats for tourists, now a motorboat rips through the waters, streaking foam.
- For the energetic, pedal boats, rowing boats, canoes and rafts, will be available for hire throughout the weekend.
- The orphans enjoyed trips to the Aquadome, Fenit Sea-world, Blennerville Windmill, the pedal boats in Castlegregory and the bumpers in Ballybunion.
- But the only person the crew encountered was a white-bearded, obstinate Elmore Hays, in a pedal boat, who rebuffed calls to leave.
- Th resort has a wide, pebble-strewn beach; you can rent canoes, pedal boats, kayaks, and beach toys.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.