In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
also potato peeler
1pelapapas masculinopelapatatas masculino España
- Using a sharp potato peeler, remove the zest from three tangerines.
- Unlike summer squash, butternut squash has a hard, inedible skin that is easily removed with a vegetable peeler.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove colorful strips from squash, carrots or zucchini and sprinkle them on a plain-looking entrée.
- Using a potato peeler, remove any tough skin layers.
- I ran out of time this morning, so I just grabbed a couple of carrots and my new vegetable peeler.
- It was like watching an apple being slowly unwrapped by a tiny vegetable peeler.
- Using a potato peeler, peel the cucumber into wide strips.
- Remove the lemon rind using a potato peeler and trying not to peel away any of the white pith (this can give a bitter taste later).
- Other presents asked for include a potato peeler at a modest £4, a spatula at £6, a ladle at £6 and other kitchen instruments.
- Remove thin shavings from the Parmesan with a vegetable peeler and scatter them over the pasta.
- You can decorate it with chocolate shavings - scrape the chocolate with the back of a knife or a vegetable peeler to create curls.
- It helps if you have a swivel vegetable peeler to peel the pears thinly and quickly.
- She admired my cheap but effective vegetable peeler, commenting approvingly, ‘very good, no waste,’ in her brisk, clipped tones.
- New inventions, new vegetable peelers, a car cleaner, and many more items were displayed to seduce the visitor to purchase.
- Stripped of their tough skins with a vegetable peeler or paring knife, broccoli stems make a delicious, slightly crunchy addition to any broccoli dish.
- Then using a potato peeler, peel ribbons from the sweet potatoes and deep-fry until golden, remove and drain on kitchen paper, season with sea salt.
- Using a Y-shaped potato peeler, shred the zucchini into fine ribbons.
- I have an order already from my Mum for a blue-handled potato peeler (they're the best).
- A simple vegetable peeler or paring knife produces similar strips, but you will probably need to scrape away the bitter white pith on the underside.
- Using a vegetable peeler, pare the skin from lemons, and divide between the three bowls.
1(policeman)polizonte masculino anticuado argot
- But beware, the peelers will be keeping an eye out for you.
- Is the word peeler the correct slang for a police officer?
- Why are the peelers quizzing this innocent young derelict?
- They looked like peelers, we thought, and we were right.
- How come all these people were staying here without being rumbled by the peelers?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.