In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Sometimes it takes a year or two for nerves or blood vessels in your pelvic area to heal.
- The anatomical location of the pelvic blood vessels puts them at risk for injury during hip surgery.
- To confirm the diagnosis, she had computed tomography of the abdomen, which showed extensive ascites but no obvious abdominal or pelvic mass.
- These veins anastomose freely with neighboring lumbar, pelvic, and rectal veins.
- Ovarian or pelvic irradiation with or without treatment with alkylating agents may adversely affect female fertility and pregnancy outcome.
- No malignant cells were found in the lymph nodes, omentum, or pelvic washings.
- Together they made significant contributions to the study of abdominal and pelvic viscera, vascular anatomy, and neuroanatomy.
- These could be the testicles, the pelvic lymph glands and the skeleton.
- The bladder is a hollow, muscular organ situated deep in the pelvic cavity behind the ureter tubes.
- The middle sacral artery may also provide a renal artery in cases of pelvic kidney.
- The laparoscope can be moved around within the abdominal or pelvic cavity to give several different views.
- In contrast, benign pelvic lymph nodes averaged 1.7 cm in their greatest dimension.
- There was no extension into the endometrial cavity, nor into the pelvic peritoneum.
- Injury after childbirth usually involves all the pelvic floor and pelvic organ supports, although sometimes only one organ may prolapse.
- Diagnosis may not be obvious if pelvic involvement precedes active bowel disease, or if drainage is clear or mucoid.
- In many centres, especially in Europe, gynaecologists do not perform lymphadenectomy when pelvic lymph nodes are not suspicious.
- The rectal shelf, representing pelvic metastasis of an intra-abdominal malignancy.
- There was no significant lymphadenopathy of the pelvic and retroperitoneal lymph nodes.
- In some cases, it splits into two vessels, one of which remains in the pelvis to supply pelvic viscera.
- People having abdominal, pelvic, or brain scans may be given special instructions in advance about eating and drinking.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.