In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1seudónimo masculinonombre de guerra masculinonombre de batalla masculino América Latina
- I didn't realize that you changed your pen-name!
- That's why they adopted the gender - ambiguous pen-names of Currer, Ellis and Acton Bell.
- Also remember that fear of retribution usually leads those who test the boundaries of debate to adopt pen-names as the writer of this ground breaking letter surely does.
- He supplied six more tales to the Monthly Magazine during 1834, and for the publication of the second instalment of the fifth story he signed himself by his new pen-name: ‘Boz’.
- He wrote the title of his book and his pen-name on a slip of paper and gave it to me.
- I changed my pen-name because I was bored with ‘Star’.
- Author Michael Smith, pen-name of an Oxford-educated publisher living in London, fittingly wears his knowledge of Irish history lightly.
- When I put the finishing touches to my female aspect, I already had a name for her - the pen-name that I had already been using; it just seemed natural to adopt it.
- I'm not certain if this is a pen-name or an actual one.
- This was not uncommon, as various contributors to The Union protected their identity by using Latin pen-names such as Tacitus and Coriolanus.
- Second, most actors and playwrights remained anonymous or adopted pen-names.
- Under the pen-name Lemony Snicket, Handler is the author of the gothic and moody ‘A Series of Unfortunate Events’ books.
- I know it's a pen-name, but I'm afraid these circumstances together will do more harm than good.
- Its subject is Esperanto, the oldest of the little group of artificial international languages, invented in 1887 by a Polish physician, Ludwig Zamenhof who gave it his hopeful pen-name.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.