In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1salón recreativo masculinosala de juegos femenino
- Videogames have come a long way since Pong (Atari's bare-bones version of tennis) took its place beside the pinball machine in the penny arcade.
- It was, I surmised, just old Mr Jones from the penny arcade trying to scare everybody away so he could claim the pirates' treasure hidden in the town library.
- Located inside their penny arcade, they charged a nickel for admission and were soon operating from 8 a.m. to midnight.
- The fair's historical attractions include the Aerial Glide, which was built in 1905 and initially called the Cape to Cairo Railway, and the penny arcade.
- There is a Victorian market place with a Victorian penny arcade.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.