In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1criminología femeninociencia penal femenino
- Over the course of the 20th century the practice of penology has witnessed a fierce struggle between proponents of punishment and proponents of rehabilitation.
- He contributed ideas on education, political economy, psychology, penology, law, history, and political theory, which he set out in five books and over 1,000 essays.
- With penology and prisons came the idea of rehabilitation, again somewhat inappropriate given the difference in civilian and military perceptions of undesirable character traits.
- Such an epistemological approach to crime and penology is undoubtedly one of the study's major strengths.
- ‘The history of penology,’ he went on, ‘is the saddest chapter in the history of civilization.’
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.