In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- You may know about a pentagon, a hexagon, or an octagon.
- When I looked at what she was doing, she was trying to work out (on the napkin) how to calculate the sum of the internal angles of a pentagon.
- Of course, this statement has to be explained, since it is untrue if we understand distance in the usual way: the edges of these pentagons are visibly not straight and do not have the same length.
- Write the number 1 through 10 in the boxes below so each side of the pentagon has a sum of 14.
- They are formed from 60 atoms of carbon bonded together in a combination of pentagons and hexagons to form a ball, just like a soccer ball.
- The hexagons, pentagons, and triangles that make up the biomes all have their own unique specification due to the irregular nature of the site.
- In the second case, if the convex polygon is a pentagon incorporating all five points, then any four of these points can be connected to form a quadrilateral.
- This says that the most stable arrangement is a pentagon surrounded by five hexagons.
- There are 24 ways to do it - make 12 pentagons, so that the mirror images are on each side of the pentagon.
- For those who don't know, a buckyball is an extremely stable soccer-ball-shaped molecule made up of 20 hexagons and 12 pentagons.
- He calculates the side of a regular pentagon in terms of the radius of the circumscribed circle.
- Analysts also use a variety of symbols, such as parallelograms, pentagons, and others, to depict different types of events and activities.
- The balls are made with small pieces of wood 12 pentagons and 20 hexagons which fit together to form a sphere.
- Although it is impossible to inscribe a regular pentagon in a square, an equilateral pentagon can be inscribed in two ways.
- Thus, you can readily obtain a curved pentagon, heptagon, and so on.
- Similarly, nine atoms can form a pentagon bonded to a hexagon, each ring sharing two atoms with the other ring.
- They are marked by a pentagon with three overlapping triangles.
- Perfect crystal structures can contain pyramids, cubes, or hexagons, but not pentagons.
- Father entered the room, arms full of suitcases shaped in rectangles, pentagons, squares, and even spheres.
- In plan, the building is comprised of five concentric pentagons, known as rings.
2(officials/policy) del Pentágonothe Pentagon — el Pentágono
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.