In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1grano de pimienta masculino
- Other easy sides include fresh green onion, sliced fresh fennel, green peppercorn mustard, and extra-large caperberries.
- Cloves, several sorts of peppercorn, carrots and onions perfume the raw fish, and lend it a wonderfully aromatic warmth.
- There is also a sort of pepper called decorticated black pepper which has had the skin of the peppercorn removed by machine and is therefore white.
- While working on the dates, I boiled down the wine with honey and spices - whole black peppercorns, allspice, clove, cinnamon, and a bay leaf, along with grated zest of orange.
- The ‘green pepper’ element turned out to be the green peppercorn sauce that the three chicken fillets were served in, rather than pieces of green pepper.
- ‘This dish is made with a semi-soft cow's milk cheese that is over-ripened in Zweigelt red wine for two weeks,’ he continued as he served a neat wedge with peppercorn and sweet fig sauce.
- I use smooth Dijon or, when I can find it, green peppercorn mustard.
- In a spice grinder, combine the whole black pepper, white peppercorns, and allspice.
- Then, at a more exclusive, upmarket and therefore costly restaurant, a diner friend ordered the pepper steak, a dish noted for its lashings of peppery sauce with real peppercorns.
- Place a slice of marinated salmon, two coriander seeds, one cilantro leaf, and one green peppercorn in the center of a plate.
- The pic on the right is the chutney simmering away on the stove, with the spice bag (blades of mace, coriander seeds, black peppercorn, fresh ginger, cloves…) in the foreground.
- Add the sliced potatoes, boil thoroughly and put the browned carrot, onion, parsley, bay leaf, peppercorn, garlic and celery in the broth.
- Yet the spices used are all familiar to us: curry leaf, fenugreek, cumin, cardamom, turmeric, coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg, black peppercorn, garam masala, dried chilies, ginger and garlic.
- The bunches of unripe berries picked from this parasitical climber of betel, palm and mango trees are dried in the sun to become peppercorn, the spice that was valued above all others.
- Each egg was about the size of a peppercorn, somewhat flattened, and brown around the circumference.
- When they sampled out new chèvre flavors, customers made it clear that garlic chive and peppercorn should stay and that smoked trout and jalapeño should not.
- Start the potatoes first, then make the green peppercorn sauce; keep it warm over low heat while you cook the beef.
- However, the pepper sauce was more like a red wine jus and there was neither sight nor sound of a peppercorn.
- And talking of mills, she tells us that a proper scale model of the solar system, using a bowling ball for the sun, would represent the 8,000-mile-wide earth with a peppercorn placed 78 ft distant from the ball.
- Add whole peppercorn, hot water, salt, turmeric, and the tempered spices.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.