In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Women driven by impulsive behavior and perfectionism have higher odds of developing both problems.
- There is this emphasis on perfectionism, this emphasis on sort of intellectual discussion and debate.
- After all, this is a column about perfectionism, so it's got to be really good.
- With an intellectual's perfectionism, he cannot bring himself to face his desires in real life.
- She works hard at her craft but is constantly on the verge of being overwhelmed by the constant search for work, the unfulfilling roles, the overly demanding directors, the hostile critics, and obsessive perfectionism.
- Good perfectionism means you set high but reasonable standards for yourself.
- The primary purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between primary exercise-dependence symptoms and perfectionism.
- They were also as likely to have traits associated with compulsive personality disorder: stubbornness, dictatorial tendencies, perfectionism and an excessive devotion to work.
- We shall consider his moral perfectionism in Chapter 10.
- Our concrete history I hope shows us that we were not ‘making a home’ with our manuals and definitions, but practicing perfectionism, keeping a living room under plastic where no one sits.
- That is the cornerstone of his epic career, his attention to detail, his innate perfectionism and his belligerent refusal to be beaten, whatever the opposition.
- The medieval age was tyrannized by a demand for spiritual perfectionism, making it hard to accomplish anything practical.
- You might even get a handle on your perfectionism by doing a short stint with a psychologist.
- A perfectionism that rejects or abandons what we cannot fully control (or what thwarts our expectations) is a flaw far deeper than a monster's ugliness.
- As a director, his perfectionism / pedantry would have tested the patience of any producer.
- The way we learn to write better is to write a great deal, but perfectionism won't let us do that.
- Moral perfectionism is always the enemy of the possible and the practical.
- It often feels as though the consequences of giving up perfectionism will be worse than dealing with the pain.
- His determination, impatience, and perfectionism were legendary.
- Part II focuses on social, motivational, and cognitive factors in perfectionism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.