- The pericardial stage was used to suspend the pericardium and the phrenic nerve was preserved throughout its course.
- Typically metastatic melanoma involves the pericardium and myocardium; only rarely does it involve the endocardium or cardiac valves.
- One patient demonstrated multiple recurrences on the chest wall, with eventual direct extension to the pericardium, pleura, and lung.
- With this patient, the images of the communication between the pericardium and the thoracic duct could be more clearly identified, due to improvements in computerizing techniques.
- Reference to the pericardium, epicardium, myocardium, endocardium and valves, chordae, ventricular thicknesses, and aorta and major vessels may be included.