In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- New Zealand is to present its next periodic report on compliance with the UN convention in September this year.
- Despite this, he has continued to appear regularly at our periodic family gatherings, and is considered a family member in good standing.
- At this stage, the client needs periodic support as well as training in relapse prevention.
- The continued need for 6-yearly periodic reviews has also been questioned.
- Some economists argue that periodic credit crunches are the price emerging markets must pay for faster growth.
- Leases for a fixed term and periodic tenancies are the types of lease most frequently encountered.
- A baby who has periodic breathing resumes regular breathing on his or her own.
- Maintaining the transformation merits and requires a periodic update on where social history stands.
- Having experienced spells of acute water scarcity at periodic intervals, people do lament over the waste of the precious resource in such times.
- Roofs are like heating and cooling systems: The equipment needs periodic cleaning and tuning for peak efficiency.
- The training should be provided to all ranks from the highest to the lowest and should be given at periodic intervals, not just at the start of the job.
- By contrast, the letting of the basement on a weekly tenancy is an example of a periodic tenancy.
- Although it can be frightening, periodic breathing typically causes no other problems in newborns.
- They crop up in one form or the other at periodic intervals.
- So every one of our portfolios has always been planned and recommended for periodic rebalancing.
- Therefore, we recommend that periodic surveys for flying squirrels continue at approximately 10 year intervals.
- At periodic intervals, the iron bars at the mouth of narrow roads, put up to prevent the entry of heavy vehicles, are knocked down by lorries, due to reckless driving.
- We further enhance the safety by periodic rebalancing of the weaker and stronger fund.
- Emotion is kept in check - rage and pain appear suddenly, like periodic explosions.
- Each recommended practice is reviewed and revised as appropriate at regular periodic intervals.
- The steadily increasing weights gave Mendeleyev, Meyer, and others a kind of index by which to order the elements and reveal their periodic behaviour.
- The first rough draft of the periodic elements signaled not the end but the beginning of chemistry.
- The study of oscillating reactions is the study of periodic changes in chemical reactions.
- Bismuth is the fifth and last element in Group 15 of the periodic table.
- The periodic table has since been expanded to 81 stable and 31 radioactive elements.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.