In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1perjurio masculinoto commit perjury — jurar en falso
- Your Honour, the prosecution witnesses committed perjury throughout the whole trial.
- He was found guilty of perjury and perverting the course of justice in relation to this case.
- That trial proceeded, I prosecuted, and the jury duly convicted him of perjury.
- Another antique rule provided that a corporation could not be indicted for a felony like perjury.
- There was an inquiry, I think, because he was then subsequently convicted of perjury.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.