In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Histochemical stains confirmed the presence of melanin, since brown pigment removable by permanganate bleaching was demonstrated by Fontana-Masson stain.
- Congo red staining was resistant to permanganate pretreatment.
- Histochemical stains for iron and melanin (Fontana-Masson with and without permanganate bleaching) were also reviewed.
- He had very bad luck with the permanganate bleach and recommends the dichromate bleach instead.
- Each was instructed to wash his hands in a disinfecting permanganate solution.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.