In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The rapid chloride permeability test meets these goals.
- The overall passive permeability barrier of the cells depended upon which side was the donor.
- One potential consequence of increased intestinal permeability is microbial translocation.
- Pesticide movement is affected by soil texture, permeability, and organic matter content.
- The permeability property of a seed coat should be related to its structure.
- Approximately 20 percent of AIDS patients also have abnormal intestinal permeability.
- But a more fundamental issue was the gas permeability of the polymer.
- A model is presented to relate intracellular lifetime to true membrane diffusional permeability.
- Animal studies have shown it to be of benefit in decreasing vascular permeability and improving vascular tone and blood flow.
- Considerable evidence supports the presence of increased small intestinal permeability in Crohn's disease.
- The permeability is reduced as the natural clay content or bentonite content increases.
- In other words, the permeability barrier is selectively transparent for transporter proteins.
- High concentrations did not significantly affect the permeability of acetone.
- The disturbance of membrane permeability was confirmed by electron microscope.
- Heat has also been observed to induce skin permeability changes.
- Unlike intestinal permeability, pulmonary permeability did not seem to be affected by disease activity.
- Texture affects permeability, or the ability of soils to drain water.
- Compaction reduces the permeability of the soil and increases its shear strength and bearing capacity.
- Two of the five participants had abnormally high permeability; the intestinal permeability of all five decreased.
- Albumin also may be decreased due to increased capillary permeability and leakage in surrounding tissues.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.