In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(parent/attitude) permisivo(attitude/parent) indulgentethe permissive society — la sociedad permisiva
- There's a difference between a tolerant society and a permissive society.
- Children of permissive parents tended to be relatively immature.
- This parent is permissive and tends to be lenient.
- You do not have to give up your authority as a parent or be permissive to parent in a more cooperative way.
- Parents who are overly permissive, who give in to obnoxious or demanding children, are letting them know that bullying pays off.
- Society is fairly permissive about entertainment today.
- We seem to be living in a much more permissive society than our parents and grandparents did.
- Do you ever feel that society is becoming too permissive?
- Parents can be very permissive; they probably don't want confrontation.
- We now treat standards and law and order as a threat to our permissive society.
- What is interesting is that you find one parent too permissive and the other too controlling.
- We live in a society today far more permissive than the one my parents grew up in.
- The permissive society has taught people to think in terms of the immediate gratification of desires and appetites.
- The 1960s, beat music and the permissive society seem centuries away.
- Two men, you might argue, played a much greater part in creating the permissive, liberal society, and neither of them were baby boomers.
- Liberal writers from the permissive society of the 1960s are quoted and their opinions are taken to have been effective.
- Some critics even believed that he and his staff were actively promoting a more permissive society.
- Parents with a permissive attitude show acceptance/involvement but not control/supervision.
- The parents were permissive with or neglectful of their children, and the adolescents had developed a certain degree of independence.
- For students who indicated that their parents had a permissive style, an average of 4.5 relevant items were chosen.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.