In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Its null distribution is obtained by permuting the columns of the alignment and recalculating its value several times.
- To assess levels of significance, we permuted genotypes among populations 10,000 times.
- Then homogenize: randomly permute rows and columns within the subsets that have equal totals.
- This procedure randomly permutes trait data and recalculates LRs across all genetic intervals.
- Similarly, the vertical line of symmetry corresponds to permuting the last two columns, whose totals are both equal to 1.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.