In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1peróxido masculinobefore noun a peroxide blonde — una rubia oxigenada
- Hair could be bleached with peroxide or dyed only black or brown.
- Another time a girlfriend of mine introduced me to home perms, peroxide, and W - 2 solution.
- I never shaved my head, but I definitely mixed my own packets of peroxide, and put big fat streaks of blonde in my hair.
- A woman steps out, quite tall with peroxide blonde hair, looks English.
- ‘I think it's important to be original,’ the 27-year-old with peroxide blonde hair said.
- She had long peroxide colored hair and amazingly light hazel eyes.
- He had a bright purple suit on and had dyed his hair peroxide blond.
- Jason washed his hair in the tub while Emily mixed a light solution of peroxide and water to bleach his hair.
- Make poultice soaked with 20% peroxide (hair bleaching strength) and a few drops of ammonia.
- It turns out that all permanent dye must use PPD to adhere to the hair shaft and peroxide to open it.
- In over-the-counter treatments (like the strips you use), peroxide bleaches your pearly whites.
- She dipped her hair in peroxide and fell asleep.
- I followed my cousin's instructions and put a combination of peroxide, lemon juice and Sun-In through my black hair.
- She went to the bathroom to grab some peroxide water.
- A tall, reedy blonde girl stood in front of her, chewing on a piece of her peroxide hair.
- Try here for ammonia and peroxide free hair dye.
- Faith yelled, ‘I mean, yeah it looks nice, but really, who dies their hair with peroxide?’
- Remember peroxide is bleach so test an inconspicuous spot first for color fastness.
- Jessica got some peroxide, some toilet paper, and a band-aid for me.
- I was brought up in West Bromwich, and spent my formative years dyeing my hair peroxide blonde and scowling a lot.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.