In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1calendario perpetuo masculino
- I could download animated clocks, perpetual calendars, a gizmo that made my keyboard clack and ding like an old Smith Corona typewriter.
- The second face gives the date in the form of a perpetual calendar, with automatic adjustments for leap years.
- This kind of calendar is called a perpetual calendar.
- The watches in the perpetual calendar series indicate days and months correctly for 100 years.
- Once he repaired one that had more than 400: ‘It was a special edition with a perpetual calendar calculating even the leap years.’
- They said non-quartz, mechanical watches with features such as the minute repeater and perpetual calendar are especially in demand.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.