In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- But books have some kind of sustainable perpetuity, so let's write the book.
- And last time I checked, perpetuity defied some laws of physics.
- Her sister, Elizabeth, wished to associate herself throughout perpetuity with piety, education and literature.
- I don't know that it's got much to do with the endocrine system, but you seem to have mastered the ‘integrity and perpetuity of life’.
- The longevity and perpetuity, if not the excellence, of democracy has ensured that no individual or ideology has been able to paint this country in monochromatic colours.
- In short, the second type of scrutiny, which is very essential in the criticism of traditions, relates to the constancy and perpetuity of the chain of narrators.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.