In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sidra de peras femenino
- At least 20 real ales, plus several makes of cider and perry, will be on sale.
- He said: ‘It will certainly help to promote the quality of cider and perry being made in the three counties and grow our membership.’
- Some 12 different sorts of ciders and perries will be on sale.
- Also available will be 12 different types of ciders and perries.
- The cheese is bathed in perry, a cider made from the variety of pear with the same name.
- There's a long fine tradition of people appreciating the finer points of real ale so hopefully the same will be true of perry and cider.
- A member of the bar staff would provide a rival brand of perry.
- The event also offered cider, perry, imported beers and Lurgashall country wines.
- Around 20 ciders and perries are available to sample and enjoy.
- The Anglo-Saxon word beor referred to a sweet, strong drink, not made from cereals, and probably a fruit wine/cider/perry.
- There are also certain drinks, such as mead, cider, and perry, which depend on sugar fermentations for their alcohol content.
- Food is available along with real ales, foreign beers, ciders and perries.
- He put raisins first of all foods, and then came apples and pears and their juices in the form of sweet cider and sweet perry.
- With over 450 ales on show, not to mention the numerous ciders, perries and overseas beers, there was a fair bit of choice.
- There are usually chips and other appropriately beer-absorbent foodstuffs on offer, along with around a hundred beers, plus ciders and perries.
- More than 45 cooled beers and a dozen ciders and perries are planned for the Surrey Comet-sponsored event on Friday and Saturday.
- With a market share in the domestic cider and perry market estimated by the company at 89 per cent, the scope for market share improvement is limited.
- More than 50 real ales, a range of ciders, perries, bottled beers and some fruit wines will be on sale.
- Hundreds of beer, cider and perry lovers descended on this year's festival.
- About 12 different beers and perries were also available.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.