- Now you can also buy persimmons in city supermarkets during their short available period.
- While persimmons can be used in pies and tarts, you can also enjoy them plain.
- American persimmons drop off the tree when ripe.
- A ripe persimmon is not so beautiful, but the taste is very good.
- Figs share space in the orchard with a host of other crops - among them almonds, walnuts, olives, peaches, nectarines, and persimmons.
- You can also order Meyer lemons, tangerines, and persimmons.
- But the old country folks still eat persimmons too.
- Early one morning, I entered my kitchen and found a persimmon and an apple partly gnawed.
- The produce includes strawberries, beans, avocado, persimmon, kiwifruit, oranges and other citrus fruit as well as flowers and plants.
- Among foods featured are morels, persimmons, cherries, game, wild blackberries, and asparagus.
- The secretary began peeling a persimmon and preparing tea.
- Anyone with half a brain knew that persimmons were out of season.
- They taste a bit like persimmons, or maybe apricots - I wonder if they are available in the States.
- Today, the Lewises have harvested some 400 to 500 pounds of persimmons - all of them by hand.
- Climb onto a ladder, pick a persimmon, and throw it down - the one under the tree will receive the fruit with a bag and put it into a basket.