In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1walkman masculino marca registrada
- In fact, more and more manufacturers of personal stereos are opting for rechargeable batteries, although it's ridiculous.
- Perhaps it's a device that can tune into other people's personal stereos, so she can listen in to their music.
- A personal stereo with decent headphones can transform a walk or sunbathing session into a private, memorable musical experience.
- Technology-based innovations, be they aeroplanes, cars, buildings, home banking services or personal stereos, have various component systems.
- Like mobile phones and personal stereos these infernal objects ought not to have any place at such spiritual occasions.
- Everyone is talking on their mobile phones or listening to a personal stereo.
- I'm advised not to take a mobile phone or a personal stereo because I'll have to leave them outside the courtroom.
- Today, we take for granted many electronic products such as cellular phones, digital cameras, personal stereos, and printers.
- Here's the idea: You have one carriage per train in which the use of mobile phones, personal stereos and handheld games is not allowed.
- It's bad luck, for example, if you want to listen to the opera on a personal stereo anywhere away from your computer.
- Ban mobile phones on buses and personal stereos on the tube.
- The jukebox has fallen out of favour in recent years, due to the rise in popularity of the personal stereo amongst pub-goers.
- There are people reading books and pretending to listen to personal stereos underneath placards at every corner now.
- So I opened the bag for him to examine; a few text books, a couple of T-shirts, a personal stereo and a notebook.
- It's bearable though, because before work yesterday I bought myself a new personal stereo.
- Research shows 39% of 18 to 24-year-olds listen to personal stereos for more than an hour each day, with 13% listening for two hours or more.
- Eighty children received personal stereos as a reward for taking part and were supplied with costumes for the performance.
- Years ago one of my cousins, who would have been about 7 or so at the time, asked me what I was listening to on my personal stereo.
- They stole mobile phones, cash, bank cards and personal stereos.
- For instance, we created special quiet carriages where the use of mobile phones and personal stereos was forbidden.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.