In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- His brow was sweaty and he was perspiring heavily.
- He first started feeling unwell about 10 minutes into the broadcast and began to perspire very heavily.
- Sunscreen gels are best for work or physical activities where you will be perspiring.
- What else can you suggest for a female in her 20's who perspires heavily?
- She was so pale and perspired as though she had a fever.
- The air was burning and they all were perspiring heavily.
- At this point I noticed he was perspiring heavily and sweat was dripping from his bushy grey eyebrows onto the keyboard.
- The young judge who presided over the proceedings had difficulty controlling the subject of his attention, and spent most of the time perspiring.
- For years I have perspired heavily in my armpits.
- Nearby spectators perspire profusely because of the intensity of the radiated heat.
- I flushed and shook her hand gingerly, hoping I wasn't perspiring too heavily.
- When a beam of sunlight broke through the thick canopy of trees, it was clear that the stranger was perspiring heavily.
- At the moment, however, the mayor is perspiring.
- You become awkward, you start perspiring, you start trembling, you forget everything.
- He was perspiring from the heat generated in the room.
- Greater surface area provides more exposed skin to perspire and cool the body through evaporation, he says.
- He was perspiring heavily from the effort, as I was.
- I was perspiring so much my family called an ambulance and they told me I was having a heart attack.
- A wave of heat rushed over Jonas and he began to perspire.
- It is of no great significance whether he sweats or perspires.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.