In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Trim as necessary and adhere to the top of the wood making sure to get out any pesky air bubbles.
- It turns out that mosquitoes are a pesky problem on his island in the South Pacific.
- Any pesky remnants of feelings she used to have for him would just have to be dealt with later.
- In Glasgow or on the west Coast, you can barely walk down the road without bumping into a pesky little trattoria.
- Jack needs to get rid of these pesky aphids and he needs the money to buy insecticide.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.