In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1coctel molotov masculinocóctel molotov masculino Cono Sur España
- The youth, who cannot be named for legal reasons, claimed he was not the person caught a dozen times on police videos throwing missiles and a petrol bomb.
- A quick-acting police officer managed to put out a fire after a petrol bomb was thrown through a shop window.
- A few minutes later police were alerted to an incident at nearby Quickthorn Place in which a petrol bomb was thrown at a house but failed to ignite.
- He was finally seen by a cameraman in a police helicopter lighting and throwing a petrol bomb which exploded at the feet of police officers beneath their shields.
- A stone was put through a window and then a petrol bomb thrown in afterwards.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.