In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1petróleo masculino(derivatives) (before noun) del petróleo
- Benzene is a colorless and highly flammable liquid hydrocarbon derived from petroleum.
- Liquid paraffin is a mixture of liquid hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum.
- Crude oil, also known as petroleum, is the world's most actively traded commodity.
- Eocene formations are important source or reservoir rocks for petroleum or gas in several parts of the world.
- Products produced from petroleum, such as mineral oils, are classified as petrochemical pollutants.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.