In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mal genio masculino
- The old petulance, the bearlike hunching ill-temper of his bachelor days has vanished.
- I have never seen him descend to such a depth of petulance and spitefulness that he reached last night.
- Exhibiting a petulance last season, it has been alleged that he would throw tantrums if substituted in youth matches.
- Calderwood was so angered by the petulance he refused to acknowledge his midfielder.
- Anger would have been misplaced, petulance completely out of character.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.