- Tried and true varieties include Gerbera daisy, pink and purple wave petunia, begonias, Calla lilies, fragrant heliotrope and stock.
- Geraniums, pansies, petunias, primroses and snapdragons could provide shades of red late fall through spring.
- Replace fading cool-season annuals with heat lovers like celosias, dahlias, marigolds, petunias, salvias, and verbenas.
- White cyclamen, snapdragons, petunias and alyssum are cool-season annuals you can add now.
- Set out tender bedding plants such as petunias and marigolds after the last frost of spring.