In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The concept of ethnic group differences in pharmacokinetic responses is far from new in the clinical pharmacology literature.
- We are not aware of any studies in the literature on the integration of psychotherapy and pharmacology for children with epilepsy.
- Perhaps the most serious post-1970 challenge to psychotherapy came from pharmacology.
- Identification of this inducible isoform of Cox created a new focus of interest in prostaglandin biochemistry, pharmacology and therapeutics.
- The objectives of this study were to assess the molecular pharmacology of benzamide riboside as an anti-leukemic agent.
- The pharmacology of phenytoin is complex but well understood.
- Buprenorphine's unique effects and pharmacology make it an attractive and clinically helpful treatment option.
- Surgery or pharmacology may make it possible to develop muscles to any level one desires without the discipline of workouts.
- The epidemiology, clinical presentation, and pharmacology of fatal and non-fatal heroin overdoses have recently been reviewed.
- It is important that lessons are learnt from these cases and that they are used to improve our understanding of vector biology and pharmacology.
- The marmoset is also an important model for research into infectious disease and pharmacology.
- Mice and humans share much anatomy, biochemistry, physiology, and pharmacology, but there are some major differences.
- The harm to benefit ratio varies according to the condition being treated, the drug's pharmacology, and the availability and safety of other therapeutic options.
- There, at a time when new drugs were bursting on to the scene, he set up the country's first division of clinical pharmacology to bring good science to drug appraisal.
- Most ADRs were predictable from the known pharmacology of the drugs and many represented known interactions and are therefore likely to be preventable.
- The main thrust of the book is to describe the toxicology and pharmacology of herbal products.
- Barnes has described the appropriate pharmacology of tiotropium for the treatment of COPD.
- The key point about nicotine gum pharmacology is that the absorption takes place buccally.
- Thus, ginseng has potential to serve as a cognition-enhancing herbal medicine, based on its pharmacology and animal studies.
- During the meetings, the rationale behind monitoring level of sedation and the pharmacology of the drugs used were discussed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.