In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(excellent)super bienchévere Cono Sur América Latinapadre México coloquialguay España coloquialtaquilla Chile coloquial
- The bass is consistently phat, driving underneath the vocal and keyboard tracks and matching up perfectly.
- A couple of the other girls on the shoot with her were more phat, but Keisha just has something over them, you know?
- I was reminiscing about the past and I was chatting about a pretty, phat girl.
- I marched over to the dance section, grabbed the CD and bought it - on the strength of one phat track.
- It is the essence of stunning creativity, whether embodied in a Picasso sculpture, a Mozart opera, or a phat video game.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.