In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ir detrás de las mujerescorrer detrás de las mujeresa philandering husband — un marido mujeriego
- There is, however, one class of married man that should be free to mislead and philander as they wish: guys who were strong-armed into buying expensive engagement rings for their wives.
- He spent a lot of his life philandering, that is to say, cheating on my mom, making her insanely miserable.
- Hubert philanders openly with Sonia, while Henri and Ines are in the bedroom trying to shut the child up.
- His parents quarreled, his father drank and philandered and, when Wilson was 10, left the family for another woman.
- The naïf in this case is gorgeous Leslie, whose fiancé Logan philanders with Agnes while expecting Leslie to be faithful.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.