In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mujeriego masculino despectivotenorio masculino anticuado humorístico
- Ted has become an unrepentant philanderer, using the façade of his artwork to lure women into posing for his impressionistic and erotic illustrations.
- Philip was a serial philanderer who did not bother to conduct his affairs very discreetly, which infuriated the moody and jealous Joan.
- Nick used to be a philanderer when he was younger and immature, and he had all tastes of women - all gorgeous ones too - but this time, it was different.
- He was a well known philanderer who specialized in slightly tawdry mistresses, a ne'er-do-well who barely kept up a front of respectability and who borrowed large sums of money from his son.
- Many of the verses harp on the illicit and conjure a false world where women are mistresses and men, philanderers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.