In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The storm also caused heavy rains that swamped parts of the Philippine capital, Manila.
- Some 6,000 Philippine troops are involved in operations against the Abu Sayyaf on Basilan.
- The Philippine economy seemed to have turned the corner under Ramos's stewardship.
- Estrada himself had won the biggest mandate ever in a Philippine presidential election.
- The locals came up with an ad that showed the candidate eating a fish that is very popular in Philippine culture.
1filipino masculinofilipina femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.