In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1guía femeninoguía telefónica femeninoguía de teléfonos femeninodirectorio masculino Cono Sur América Latina
- Apparently, the first floor failing clothing store owner, in an act of desperation, set a phone book on fire and took a little walk.
- Check the front pages of your local phone book where community services are listed.
- A genuine caller will not mind if you call their company - using the number from the phone book, not their ID card.
- I looked in the phone book and located a pancake house down the street from the Marina Motel.
- My advice is to stick to the phone book or use BT's free online directory service, which allows up to ten searches per day.
- The phone book is one of the dullest books in the world (let's face it, there's not a lot of plot).
- A friend in London went to my house and located my phone book.
- We're going first to find as many telephone numbers and addresses as we can for those people who are already in the phone book.
- You can get a list from your local aging office, or check the phone book under senior services.
- I stumbled upon this in the phone book while looking up video stores that might stock obscure and ancient titles.
- The first thing he did was look up Wong (his family name) in the Vancouver phone book.
- No, sorry - either I've forgotten it or you're probably not in the phone book.
- I looked up the bus company's number in the phone book and dialled.
- The kiosk, set in a cobbled area next to cottages, boasts a vase of flowers on the shelf where the phone book used to be, a carpet and a waste paper basket.
- Others come from remote sources such as the phone book or physicians who supply your name from a list.
- I just turned off the TV, grabbed my potpie out of the oven, and picked up a phone book.
- When a business is new and not yet listed in the phone book, every effort should be made to create easy identification.
- Yeah, I just got the new phone book in the mail and I have a problem with it.
- I used to use a bank that pointedly did not have listed phone numbers for any of its branches in the phone book.
- We called every Swindon pub listed in the phone book and most are planning to stay open an extra hour or two at weekends and special occasions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.