- To obtain good colour pictures on a TV screen, you need phosphors that produce rich, pure primaries.
- Fluorescent materials can be synthetic, such as phosphors, or occur in nature, for example, fluorescent minerals.
- Compounds of the element are also used to make phosphors that coat the screen of television tubes and CRTs (cathode ray tubes).
- This invention relates to coated particles used as phosphor particles for a phosphor screen of a display and a coating method for such particles.
- Cerium is also used in the manufacture of lasers and phosphors used in cathode ray tubes.