In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1foto femeninoto take a photo — sacar / tomar una foto
- My husband and our then next door neighbour took pictures of those photos on loan to the exhibition.
- It was too bizarre to pass up, so I grabbed my camera and started snapping photos.
- British law traditionally dictates that you have no rights to your own image if the photo is shot from public ground.
- She had hoped to frame the photos and put them in the home's television room.
- Some things are still working, as you can see from the photos in this online image gallery.
- When my dad moved to France he left a lot of things behind, one of which was a fat blue case full of photos and slides.
- Images of his photos keep running in my head until I wake up the next morning.
- Unfortunately for them, it was a photo for fourth place.
- He asked residents to send in any photos, slides or images of the area from bygone days.
- A few days before this, a man came to the studio with a photo of his wife and asked to have the picture tattooed on his arm.
- It was a photo for place and she took third.
- Gareth and Will's photos are printed on sugar sheets stuck on the muffins, so they are edible.
- There was a peculiar little sequence when Heather pointed to a montage of photos in a frame.
- Hovering the mouse over a photo enlarges it, and you can then click to be taken to the file or the appropriate website.
- If I can decorate this site with all kinds of photos I'll post pictures of the car.
- I have no intention of making contact or sending photos and I have no interest in having any back.
- Send us your sports stories and photos, pictures of your fun night out or your school reunion.
- The competition question was: can you guess what is pictured in the photo below?
- As he walks out again with my newspaper, I snap a photo of him with the zoom lens.
- Behind her is the same half-finished painting which appeared in a previous photo of her studio.
- As a photographer took his photo and the flashbulb went off, the child screamed loudly.
- Please send a photographer and take a photo to publish in News Shopper.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.