- Too much of the potential triggering energy of the degraded gammas is dissipated in Compton and photoelectric interactions.
- A structure or space in the shadow of an efficient photoelectric generator surface already possesses this characteristic.
- It soon became clear in the next few years that the particles emitted in the photoelectric effect were indeed electrons.
- A solar cell uses the photoelectric effect to create an energy imbalance within the cell which can be used to drive some load.
- Materials of high atomic energy may exhibit photoelectric absorption, the energy of gamma rays is then transferred to an electron, which is then ejected from the atomic shield.