- Until now, physicists have only been able to entangle photons, electrons and atoms, using different methods in each case.
- The team has also made progress in using photons to carry quantum information between calcium qubits.
- Tiny particles such as photons or atoms can readily be put into a quantum superposition existing in two different states or places at once.
- The world of the realist is populated by electrons and photons, quarks and gluons.
- A photon has zero rest mass, but it carries energy and momentum.