In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Until now, physicists have only been able to entangle photons, electrons and atoms, using different methods in each case.
- The team has also made progress in using photons to carry quantum information between calcium qubits.
- Tiny particles such as photons or atoms can readily be put into a quantum superposition existing in two different states or places at once.
- The world of the realist is populated by electrons and photons, quarks and gluons.
- A photon has zero rest mass, but it carries energy and momentum.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.