In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- One is a photosensitive cathode which emits electrons when exposed to light and the other is an anode which is maintained at a positive voltage with respect to the cathode.
- When exposed to ultraviolet light, a photosensitive chemical in the liquid causes the material to harden and encapsulate the cells.
- However, if only the ligand is photosensitive, then light can only influence the metal-ligand binding indirectly.
- The majority of photosensitive molecules have a heterocyclic ring structure similar to that of chlorophyll or hemoglobin.
- Some polymers, such as most polyimides and polycarbonates, are not photosensitive and are typically processed using photoresist patterning and reactive ion etching.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.